“Content creation” is a term that in digital marketing means to produce texts, articles, images, videos, audios (or any combination of formats), which offer information or entertainment and meet particular objectives of attracting web traffic and potential customers.
Also read: Content Writing for SEO Tips and Recommendations
Content creation and its Relationship with Inbound Marketing
Inbound marketing is an approach that, instead of pestering the customer with unsolicited advertisements, attracts them by providing them with content that is of interest.
For example, let’s contrast an inbound option and one that is not: an organic pet food business can distribute flyers to people who pass by or can create informative articles on its site on topics that have to do with its business line.
The first sample is not inbound marketing because the public is not segmented, and also no one ever asked for the flyer. Chances are most people who get one have no pets or interest in organic dog food and end up throwing it away.
Instead, resorting to the second strategy and developing an article titled ” Everything you need to know about organic pet food “will appear in the searches of users who have much more in common with the ideal client’s profile.
Hence the importance of content creation in digital marketing helps companies reach the right people to increase their sales.
How does Content for Digital Marketing Work?
When content is created and published on a website or social media. It can remain found by people who are looking for related information. To ensure the reflectivity of their content. Companies use the principles of SEO (Search Engine Optimization), that is, optimization for search engines.
Optimizing for search engines means following the SEO strategies of keywords, link building, dissemination. Among others, to appear among the first results of the searches carried out by potential clients.
If the article “Everything you need to know about organic pet food” appears among the first results of the SERP. That site will draw a lot of traffic (visits) from the audience already segmented of those visits will convert in clients.
Of course, although we are summarizing it here a lot. There are hundreds of factors to take into account in any content strategy. First, you have to plan an editorial calendar according to the business objectives, the client’s needs, expectations, competition actions, etc.
Then, you have to spread this content on social networks and related pages. Finally, you have to analyze the strategy results to be able to improve and evolve continuously.
Who is in Charge of Content Creation?
Creating quality digital content that is capable of attracting potential clients is usually a team effort. Here are some of the profiles that are generally involved in this aspect of digital marketing:
- Experts in digital marketing: These are professionals who know the entire inbound marketing process. And can do the research and prospecting needed to generate an efficient editorial calendar.
- Commercial writers: They are the professionals who are in charge of writing the text of the contents. They usually have a background in persuasive writing, but also SEO writing.
- Designers and editors: They are in charge of creating and editing audiovisual content, such as photographs, videos, or podcasts.
- Programmers: They are in charge of integrating the contents to the websites. They remain often also involved in the creation of interactive content, such as tests, games, or dynamic infographics.
- Community managers: They are in charge of determining and carrying out the content dissemination strategies on social networks.
Also read: Content plan: Why it is Essential in a Content Marketing strategy
Also, You can find more helpful resources at Technologyify.
Also Read: https://www.allmarketingtips.com/cybersecurity-marketers-write-for-us/
Review What is Content creation? And How it Works?.