Twitter Advertising Works
At the beginning of last December, I was able to manage advertising campaigns on Twitter. I got this access by being selected in the $ 100 promotion for SMEs on Twitter and Amex. The truth is that I wanted to test advertising on Twitter and see if it was effective.
I had not wanted to talk about it on the blog until I tried it, and after several weeks of testing, I share the steps of how you can manage advertising campaigns on Twitter and the results that I obtained when testing it.
Also read: What is Native Advertising? And Benefits of Native Advertising?
Table of Contents
1. Access to Advertising on Twitter
The first thing you need is access to the platform. I recommend you request access using the following form for those in Spain, and I warn you that this process takes its time. Still, several brands have received a favourable response from Twitter and are starting to manage their advertising.
2. Define your Advertising Goals
With the advertising formats offered by the social network, you have two possible objectives:
- Community – using “Promoted Account” to increase followers
- Buzz / Noise – using “Promoted Tweets” to promote to the public that you predetermine one or more of your post’s content on your account.
In my case with @BloonderCOm, I launched a community campaign and another to make noise from the publications, and it worked perfectly.
3. Optimize your Twitter Profile
Before configuring your campaign, you must optimize your profile on Twitter. The social network itself recommends the following practices:
Promoted Account Campaigns
- Use a recognizable avatar of your brand
- Use the real name of your company (it’s the first thing users see in this advertising format)
- Be authentic, interesting and original with the bio of your account. Once the user has clicked, it is to know more about you. You have to finish convincing him to follow you.
Promoted Tweets Campaigns
- Post content regularly (it is recommended to post at least one tweet a day)
- Be interesting and add value to your content
- Talk, do not forget that Twitter is a channel to establish relationships with your audience
- Share exclusive content as promotions
4. Set up your Campaign
You access your advertising panel by logging in with your Twitter account and start configuring your ads through the following steps:
Define the Location of your Campaign
This segmentation is only available by countries. It does not yet allow by cities.
Promoted Tweets – manual or automatic
A promoted tweet is a Tweet that a customer pays to serve their audience at the most effective time. The promoted Tweet is distinguished from other tweets because it is identified by the
There are two ways to create a promoted tweets campaign:
- Manually selecting the tweets, you want to promote
- Letting Twitter take care of automatically promoting the most recent and most engaged tweets.
Promoted Tweets – economic investment
Depending on the clicks you want to get, you can define your budget. While you are setting the price in real-time, the click estimate is updated.
As in promoted tweets, you can choose a daily investment limit and how much you want to pay for each new follower you want to get. In the case of Contests a la Carte, I selected between 0.01 and 0.20 for each new follower, and I got 194 new followers and 19.5 thousand impressions, investing 30.16 dollars during three weeks.
5. Pay Campaign
Although I got the $ 100 credit from the AMEX promotion to redeem it, I had to leave my US credit card details.
6. Monitor Campaign
The analytics offered by Twitter still seem basic and very focused on investment conversion. To complete my monitoring, I use my Pirendo account.
Also read: Webinar: What is it, and How to use it in your Content Strategy?
- MORE INFO:- technoologyin